The Leo Baeck Institute Jerusalem together with Leo Baeck Institute London and the association Freunde und Förderer des Leo Baeck Instituts are pleased to announce the launch of our hybrid exhibition project centred on the Hochschule für die Wissenschaft des Judentums and the remnants of its library:
The Library of Lost Books
This exhibition project aspires to engage broad international audiences in joining the search for the library’s lost books as citizen scientists.
The launch event was held at the Staatsbibliothek Berlin on the 28th November 2023.
- Dr Irene Aue-Ben-David, Director of the LBI Jerusalem
- Prof Dr Achim Bonte, Head of the Staatsbibliothek Berlin
- His Excellency Shimon Stein, Chair of the Freunde und Förderer of the Leo Baeck Institute
- Bettina Farack, curator of the Library of Lost Books, LBI Jerusalem
- Dr Andrea Despot (Stiftung Erinnerung, Verantwortung und Zukunft - EVZ)
- Prof Dr Tobias Ebbrecht-Hartmann (Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
- Chair: Kinga Bloch, Deputy Director of LBI London
The site is currently available in German and English, with Hebrew and Czech language versions following shortly.
The project is generously funded by the EVZ and the BMF.
You can read more about the project and its aims here.